Suit Up For Fun!
We are excited to welcome you back to the castle!
We’ve created an extensive reopening plan with direction from health experts and government officials. Our focus remains on the health and safety of our guests and Team Members, to ensure we exceed standards and your expectations.
It is our pleasure to share our new modifications that will make your Medieval Times experience safe, fun and unforgettable. Enjoy the tournament!
Here’s What to Expect
In accordance with the mandatory requirements of O. Reg 645/21 made under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, the below measures will be in place for all ticketed guests attending Medieval Times’ Toronto location for shows on or after September 22, 2021.
In order to enter Her Majesty’s Castle, all ticketed guests must provide proof of identification and of being fully vaccinated. This requirement is subject to the express exemptions outlined below.
The only accepted proof of vaccination will be a paper or clear and legible electronic copy of the guests COVID-19 vaccination record. These records can be downloaded online at: https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/. Proof of vaccination from outside of Ontario will be accepted if the person’s name and date of birth on their identification document matches the vaccination receipt with name and date of birth and if the person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as required under the regulation. Individuals visiting from outside the province or the country will be required to show their full vaccination status and identification to enter the Castle. This may require showing one or more pieces of information.
The provided proof of vaccination must verify that a guest is fully vaccinated. A guest will be considered fully vaccinated when they have received:
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, or
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada or
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
Each guest must have received their final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before attending the show.
Proof of identification must also be provided by a guest to validate that the guest’s identity matches the provided COVID-19 vaccination record. Acceptable proof of identification must include the name of the identification holder and date of birth. A photo identification is not required. Examples of identification documents that may be used to confirm the identity of the holder of the vaccine receipt include:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship card
- Driver’s licence
- Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card, including health card2
- Indian Status Card /Indigenous Membership Card
- Permanent Resident card
Children under the age of 12 are currently exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement. Guests may be required to provide documentation to support that a child entering the Castle is under the age of 12. Examples of identification documents that may be used to confirm identity and age include government identification or documentation issued by an institution or public body, provided it includes the name of the guest and date of birth.
Guests will be exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement if they provide a written document, completed and supplied by a physician (designated as “MD”) or by a registered nurse in the extended class (designated as “Registered Nurse (Extended Class)”, “RN(EC)”, “Nurse Practitioner” or “NP”) stating that the individual is exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time-period for the medical reason. This written document must include:
- The name of the person in the written documentation that matches the identification provided.
- The physician’s or registered nurse in the extended class’s complete information including:
- Name and contact information of the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Logo or letterhead identifying the physician or registered nurse in the extended class;
- Statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exemption from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19; and
- Any effective time-period for the medical reason which includes the date the guest is attending the show
Medieval Times Toronto will also comply with any obligations that it has under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
When does this documentation need to be provided?
Proof of vaccination and proof of identification or the required documentation to support an above noted exemption must be presented and verified at the point of entry to the Castle. This requirement applies regardless of whether a guest has purchased a ticket in advance of attendance or has verified their identity during the booking process.
What if I forgot my documentation?
Guests who are not able to provide proof of vaccination, proof of identification or the required documentation to support an above noted exemption will not be allowed to enter the Castle.
Requests for refunds associated with a failure to comply with the above requirements will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Guests must ensure that any information provided to Medieval Times Toronto in accordance with the above requirements is complete and accurate. No information regarding a guests proof of vaccination or required documentation to support an above noted exemption will be retained by Medieval Times Toronto.
- Guests must wear a mask to enter Her Majesty’s castle.
- We welcome you to enjoy the Castle and ask that you please stay at a sword’s length from your fellow Royals.
- Once inside the Grand Ceremonial Arena and ready for feasting, we will ensure a minimum of 2 meters between parties for extra elbow room and rigorous cheering!
- Guests will be seated only with people booked under the same reservation. To ensure that you, your friends and your family are booked under the same reservation, please include all guests when booking. If you are attending with a party who has booked a separate reservation, please have all order numbers handy and contact us by phone at 888 WE JOUST or email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the date of your show. Should your group size be larger than local seating restrictions allow, we will provide multiple seating sections adjacent to one another.
- Protect your kingdom by keeping your family together. We’ve placed markers throughout Her Majesty’s halls to remind you about distancing while you explore the Castle.
Highest Standards of Cleanliness
Our Management Team and dedicated “Cleanliness Crew” will ensure that:
- Her Majesty’s Castle is cleaned thoroughly throughout the day and night.
- All high-touch areas are disinfected multiple times per show.
- Digital beverage menus accessible through smartphones and disposable table cards are used at each show to minimize contact.
Health and Safety
- All Team Members will have a health and temperature check prior to the start of each shift.
- All team members will wear a mask at all times and Team Members handling food and drinks will wear gloves.
- All guests over six years old will have a temperature check prior to entering the Castle and must wear a mask/face covering. If any guest’s temperature is over 37.8 degrees Celsius, the entire group will be asked to reschedule.
- All guests will walk over sanitation floor mats to clean their shoes as they enter the Castle. Hand sanitizer is conveniently located throughout the Castle.
- All Team Members will receive ongoing training on new health and safety guidelines.
The Show Experience
It is our honor to provide you with an unforgettable experience of revelry, feasting and fun! The health and safety of our Royal Guests and Her Majesty’s Court are extremely important to us.
- Service is at the heart of what we do. Although it might feel a bit different, it is our honor to entertain you with the authentic tournament you’ve loved for decades.
- We have a new process to welcome guests into the Castle with minimal contact.
- Additional time will be granted for the entry and exit of the Grand Ceremonial Arena.
- Upon request, disposable silverware and straws will be available.
- Our Show Cast will not be signing autographs after the show to protect our valued guests and Team Members.
- We promise you’ll leave with a memory that will last a lifetime!
Frequently Asked Questions
HUUZZAH! Absolutely! Tickets are available for purchase online. Check our website for special promotions and offers.
Yes, Good Noble. Purchasing tickets in advance helps facilitate social distancing at the Castle. Tickets for all shows must be purchased in advance on our website at www.medievaltimes.com. To create a safe and comfortable environment, each Castle will follow local guidelines for guest capacity. During the tournament, guests will be seated only with people booked under the same reservation. To ensure that you, your friends and your family are booked under the same reservation, please include all guests when booking. Once inside the Grand Ceremonial Arena and ready for feasting, we will ensure a minimum of 6 feet between parties for extra elbow room and rigorous cheering!
Thank you for your loyalty, Your Grace! We would be happy to help you, please email us at email@example.com and one of our team members will reschedule your reservation. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Certainly, Your Grace! We would be happy to assist you with rescheduling your tickets. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will help create your new booking. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Great question, Your Grace! Our Castles will follow all local guidelines for social distancing. We will have limited guest capacity, maintain a minimum of 6 feet between parties seated in the Grand Ceremonial Arena, and have added social distancing markers throughout the Castle.
To create a safe and comfortable environment, each Castle will adhere to the local guidelines for limits on guest capacity which may include total Castle capacity as well as the number of guests per party who can be seated together. Once inside the Arena and ready for feasting, we will ensure a minimum of 6 feet between parties for extra elbow room and rigorous cheering!
Protect your kingdom by keeping your family together! Watch for markers throughout Her Majesty’s halls to assist while you explore the Castle. We welcome you to enjoy your visit and ask that you please be mindful to stay at a sword’s length from your fellow royals.
Healthy habits protect our team members and our communities. All team members will have their temperature checked prior to the start of each shift. Team members will wear a mask at all times and team members handling food or drinks will wear gloves. All team members will receive ongoing training on new guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety. Hand sanitizer is conveniently located throughout the Castle for team members and guests.
It is our honor to provide you an experience of revelry, feasting and fun! The health and safety of our Royal Guests and Her Majesty’s Court are extremely important to us so we have made some enhancements to the experience. Service is at the heart of what we do. We have a new process to welcome guests to the Castle with minimal contact. Additional time will be granted for the entry and exit of the Grand Ceremonial Arena. Upon request disposable silverware and straws will be available.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at 888 WE JOUST or email@example.com and we would be happy to help. Our team is looking forward to speaking with you and we appreciate your patience and understanding should our response time be longer than usual.